Fallen Earth is receiving a double dose of goodness today. Not only is the game progressing to v1.5, but the much awaited, unbelievably awesome, and incredibly low-priced mobile application for Fallen Earth is now live.
Icarus Studios is charging a paltry $1.99 for access to its mobile application on Droid/iPhone and $2.99 for the upcoming Blackberry release. And unlike some companies that charge an arm and a leg for simple (and frustrating) auction house access, Fallen Earth’s mobile app does far more:
- Check in-game mail
- Interact with clan members and online friends
- Visit the auction house to browse bids and keep tabs on auctions
- View available crafting recipes and check progress on those active
- Examine character profiles and equipped gear
- Access the world map
Check out the video preview of the mobile application above. Prepare to be flabbergasted.
Shut your mouth, you’ll get flies.
There’s three reason why a Fallen Earther wouldn’t want the mobile application:
- They don’t have one of the many smartphones that are going to be supported.
- $1.99 isn’t $0, which was originally expected.
- This kind of connectedness may cause you to lose your job/spouse/home/kids/etc.
There was something about a patch I was supposed to cover right? Some untitled, relatively small patch that adds fast travel, a new Blood Sport mode and additional technology. I don’t mean to belittle patch v1.5, but this mobile app…This thing right here, is freaking awesome.
If this technology ever fell into Blizzard’s hands, it’d be the next Google Pac-Man (just wasted another 20 minutes).