Lore Hound is seeking new writers to add to our core blog crew as we grow the site. If you play at least one MMOG, either casually or hard core, have an opinion to express, and can form a cohesive and coherent paragraph, we invite you to apply. Our requirements are as follows:
- You should be an active player of at least one MMOG.
- Schedules will be flexible, but you should be willing to commit to a set number of regular posts.
- You must be fluent in English.
- Prior published writing experience is a plus, but not required.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Having an interest in learning about additional games as possible writing topics is a big plus.
The application process is simple. Simply submit the following:
- A synopsis of your gaming history, especially with MMOGs, including what games you’re currently playing.
- Two sample blog posts covering the kind of topics that you would like to write about for Lore Hound. Base your word count on other posts you’ve seen on the site and the length that you think you need to appropriately explain your topic or make your argument. Longer isn’t always better.
- Any other information that you think would be helpful, such as prior writing experience or your resume.
Send all this to email@example.com. We will contact candidates soon, but may not be able to respond to all inquiries.
As we are a brand new site and still building an audience, this will be an unpaid position. However, we do try to reward our writers with perks such as gaming loot, paid accounts to games that they cover and access to limited beta tests.
Good luck, and have fun!