I’ve been punching myself for missing Operation Gnomeregan since, well, since I missed it. I was taken completely unaware when it was removed from the game. I promised it wouldn’t happen to me again, so long as I continue to pay for the game. And yet, I just did the first three phases of The Elemental Invasion. The invasion phases could have easily been removed/modified as the new ones come online, so I got lucky. And so can you!
None of the active phases take more than an hour to complete. Most of them involve a large amount of travel and chitchat. Heck, I didn’t even have any spells on my bar since I respecced! Believe it or not, you can do quests from the other phases at the same time. There’s no restriction in order outside each phase.
Phase One: The opening phase is the longest. It features nine quests and will have you travelling all over the city and its surrounding area.
- Prophecies Of Doom / Prophecies Of Doom
- Signs Of The Times / Signs Of The Times
- Infiltrating the Cult / Infiltrating The Cult
- The Missing / The Missing
- Spreading The Word / Spreading The Word
- The Master’s Plan / The Master’s Plan
- The Doomsday Plan / The Doomsday Plan
- Thwarting Twilight’s Hammer / Thwarting Twilight’s Hammer
- Warn King Wrynn / Alert Our Leaders
Phase Two: Insanely short, relative to the other phases, but you actually do some battling with the nefarious beings. Battles that require you to remember your spell triangle! Although it’s just two quests, you’ll still spend about twenty minutes on this phase.
Phase Three: The third phase is geared towards forwarding the events and exploring its impact on normal people, not us adventurers.
- Show Me Your Papers / Show Me Your Papers
- Arrest the Infiltrators / Arrest the Infiltrators
- Back Under Cover / Back Under Cover
- I Said the Words… / I Said the Words…
- A Gathering in Outland / A Gathering in Outland
Phase Four (more details coming soon): Invasion enters stage 2. All hell to break loose. Cities under siege, new bosses up.
All Phases: Each phase continues the elemental invasion, so rifts continue to pop up everywhere. If you close a rift of any type you get an elemental buff. Close every type and you score yourself an achievement. Insanely easy now that the cities have been invaded by all elements.
Enjoy the reference post. The gallery below showcases some of the highlights to this one-time event.