I continue to have fun with Path of Exile, and today’s patch has improved the game even further. Grinding Gear Games has been hard at work, and continues adding in an impressive amount of additional content. The massive PvP improvements that had originally been intended for deployment with .9.12 have been delayed until the next patch, although GGG says that isn’t too terribly far away. But there is plenty to keep me busy until then.
Click the jump for further details:
- Added a new Dexterity Skill - Ice Shot: Fires an arrow that chills its target and creates a patch of ground ice.
- Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity Skill - Arctic Breath: Fires a frozen projectile that leaves a trail of ground ice behind it. It explodes on impact, creating more ground ice and damaging targets within an area.
- Added a new Keystone Passive Skill - Ghost Reaver: Leech Energy Shield instead of Life.
- Added four new Unique items, two of which have been designed by our diamond supporters.
- Added a new type of enemy – Blackguard soldiers, near the forest side of the blockage between the acts.
- Improved minion AI. They’ll now attack monsters in a radius around the player, or around the player’s current action location if applicable. Minions that do not follow players (such as skeletons) find targets around themselves rather than around their parent.
For the curious – diamond supporters are players who have purchased a certain tier of the game currency they offer. Path of Exile will be free to play with store currency that can be purchased like any other f2p game. They’re currently offering special pre-order styled packs that allow varied benefits based on the tier purchased. One of these benefits is designing an item, which I think is pretty cool.
This is just a small sampling of the contents of .9.12. In addition to a ton of other new features, there’s also bug fixes and a skill reset – essentially providing a free respec. See the full patch notes on the official forum.