Some information about RIFT Patch 1.5 was released yesterday at Gamescom including a 25 min video showing off the Hammerknell raid as well as some unreleased content.
- RIFT patch 1.5 will go live at the end of Sept – beginning of October
- There will be “single-dungeons” as part of the “Chronicles of Telara”. These dungeons are for more casual players who don’t have the time to complete full raids. You can easily clear this dungeons with 1-2 players (depending on the equip) and the difficulty will not scale with the amount of players in the dungeon. Hammerknell will be the first “solo-dungeon” so that casual gamers are able to see that type of dungeon as well.
- There will be the “Master-Mode”. Which are more challenging and meant for gamers between full raiding and casual. Right now, Darkening Deeps and Deepstrike Mines are the first dungeons in testing phase. There will probably be more depending on which dungeons the community wants to see.
- The new “Hammerknell”- Warfront “Library of the Runemasters” will be released
- The first parts of the new “Planar Achievment System” will go live. From level 50 on players will receive points for earned EP from daily quests etc. These points can be spent in 6 extra bonus skilltrees to adjust the characters a little more and give them some finetuning.
- The new 10-man-dungeon “Rise of the phoenix” won’t be released with 1.5 because they are focusing on other things (see above) and it is still in testing
- The new 10-man-dungeon will be as hard as Hammerknell just with 10 man!
- The new Zone won’t go live with 1.5
- But there will be new Raid-Rifts with the new zone (1.6 or later)
- The aspect “social-life” was discussed. Developers are planig some fancy features like a “barber-shop” whre you can change the face of your character.
- The “Warrior and leather” issue was discussed. They want to have every class have their own class equipement. So warriors won’t prefer leather instead of plate anymore in the future.
Check out the 25 min Gamescom RIFT gameplay video by continuing below.