Today, HiRez released a new patch for SMITE to keep the development rolling. Today’s update brings important-to-note changes to the Minotaur, such as increased damage done while defensive structures are still up.
Here’s the list of changes directly from the developer team:
- Players may now view their recent match history and other statistics in-game from the Profile menu. This is a VERY EARLY version of the player profile functionality. Additional functionality and refinements will be coming in future releases.
- New “God Killed God” accolades have been added when a player is killed.
- Several cleanups and fixes have been made to the Joust gamemode, including:
- Proper character cards on the loading screen.
- The ability for Joust matches to be spectated (for those with access to the spectate functionality).
- Ability to chat with your opponent in game.
- If you disconnect from the match, you can now reconnect.
- Buff camps have been adjusted to be more balanced.
- Gods may not be rented if you are playing in a Ranked match.
- For the first approx. one to two weeks after their release, new gods will not be rentable in Normal matches, and they will not be playable in Ranked matches.
- There have been a variety of updates to the spectator mode.
- Fixed issue with watch tutorial popping up multiple times.
- No longer affected by slows.
- Regenerates his health over time when all of the Phoenix are standing.
- Moves faster when in combat.
- No longer stops moving while attacking.
- Does even more damage when defending structures are standing.
- Maximum cooldown reduction is now 30%, up from 25%.
- Maximum bonus gold and xp gain moved from 10% to 20%.
- An effect now plays on all players receiving extra gold after the Gold Fury is killed.
- Ankh of the Golem
- This item has been changed from providing Magical Protection, Mana and MP5 to provide Physical Lifesteal, Attack Speed and Health instead.
- Frostbound Hammer
- Basic melee attacks now slow your target by 25% instead of 35%. Ranged attacks remain at 15%.
- Overall price has been increased from 2350 to 2575.
- Gem of Isolation
- Only damaging abilities proc the slow on this item and only when the damage is done.
- Abilities now slow your target by 20% instead of 35%.
- Overall price has been increased from 2650 to 2850.
- The benefit gained from stacks is now over 60 stacks instead of 40.
- Midas’ Boots
- Gold and XP from kills bonus is increased from 10% to 15%.
- Rod of Will
- Overall price has been reduced from 2200 to 1950.
- This item now properly buffs the owner with +95 Physical Protection instead of +85.
- Staff of Mana
- MP5 has been removed from this item.
- Item now provides 10/20/30 physical protection.
- Overall price has been reduced from 2700 to 2600.
- CDR Buff camp
- The CDR buff camp now provides a 15% cooldown reduction buff instead of 20%.
- Various changes to the AI aggro behavior on minion camps and Fire Giant.
- Colossal Fury
- Vamana again has the same movement penalty while attacking during his ultimate.
- Glacial Strike
- Reduced the delay between firing this ability and Ymir being able to move.
Looking over the list, I definitely can call out that slows are starting to be less slow, and harder to bring in to matches (I play a Bastet build with Frostbound Hammer, and this change hurts a little), but they are allowing for Cooldowns to be reduced even more. What’s even more interesting to note it the reverting of Vamana’s ultimate and how it works from just the patch released last week.
I think the two most note-worthy changes are the Minotaur and Player Profiles. This allows each player to track their own stats, to see their strength and weaknesses in-between matches, and hopefully – I haven’t tested it yet – see other player’s profiles as well. The Minotaur changes allows for the defending team to still have a chance, prolong games, and stop powered gods such as Artemis and Cupid from totally wrecking it if given the chance.
It’ll be interesting to see where HiRez takes this further, and I can’t wait to watch it all happen. Who’s all ready for some SMITE? I know I am.