I have a semi-secret lust for professions in WoW and MMOs. If I wasn’t hardcore raiding at the moment, I’d be going for the goldcap. Plus, there are lots of charts and data for goldmaking, which make for great decorations and posters.
You should read this whether you are going to be participating in gathering or crafting or neither; it has far reaching implications for PvE, PvP, and beyond.
- Hit gems are now blue.
- Inscription will make off-hands, sigils, etc.
- 2 elixirs will have more overall stats than a flask (about 50% more), but flasks will have lots of one stat.
- There will be craftable PvP gear updated every season that is a tier below the current Hero Point gear.
- 3 tiers of bandages. This was promised in Wrath but never happened.
New and exciting:
- No more lotuses. Alchemists make a new item on a 1 day cooldown that is used in most stuff, alchemy and otherwise.
- Jewelcrafting now makes things like fist weapons, monocles, and more.
- Enchanter vanity pet is planned!
Clickthough for the full text.