In this first video highlighting a Starcraft II UMS, I’ll take a look at the AC130 Escort custom map. In it you can take on the role of an AC130 gunner, defending a caravan of Terran against waves of Zerg.
Sony Online Entertainment has announced a series of server merges for their MMORPG EverQuest that will result in the number of servers being cut in half. These server merges will start on June 22nd and end on July 6th, leaving ten servers in place of the original twenty. It seems the population of the game has decreased seriously which could be the reason SOE is taking these measures for EverQuest.
A new 3D Anime-styled MMORPG, Fairy Story Online was announced by the Chinese developer NGames Information Technology Company. The game resembles ROSE Online in terms of graphics and style, but don’t worry it’s not the first game to draw it’s inspiration from it(Bright Shadow, Flyff, Fiesta Online). NGame claims that the game has won numerous awards, including “GameSpot World’s Most Anticipated Online Games award in 2009″. Well, I don’t know about that, but let’s hope Fairy Story Online turns out to be good.
The applications for LOCO closed beta were extended until the start of the beta itself – 27.05.10. All you have to do is visit this webpage, use your alaplaya username and password and apply for the beta until the end date. Then, cross your fingers so the team picks you and get to play the game. Or don’t. It all depends on luck, it seems. More information on Land of Chaos Online, here.
- Celestial Steed contest almost complete.
- Short Story (manga) contest now live.
- Started our StarCraft 2 coverage. It’s here to stay.
- BlizzCon tickets on sale soon.
- LEGO Universe available for pre-order!
- Marvel Super Heroe Squad Online announced.
- Runes of Magic Chapter III: The Elder Kingdoms live.
- Aion v1.9 patch dated for June 2, v2.0 patch notes, server merger (oh noes!@) – Source
- Perfect World Entertainment invests in Runic Games.
- SW:TOR reveals non-human race, advanced classes.
- DDO third most popular MMO according to survey.
- Guild Wars 2 Dynamic Event System is intriguing.
- Discussion: How important is it to your experience to feel that your changing the game’s world (See Dynamic Event System)?
Also, get involved with our podcasts! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail using the button below or simply call us at (304) 884-LORE. Remember you can follow us on Twitter for a chance to win a Celestial Steed mount, too!
Ndoors has revealed the next update for Atlantica Online. It’s mostly a series of minor tweaks and improvements like fixing old quests and adding new ones. Players can experiment with more formations now that up to two Hwarangs, Minstrels, and Punishers can be used in a single formation. Now word on when the patch is coming, though, but you can expect it to be soon. More information on Atlantica Online here.
Nexon has announced that there will be a new class available with the June launch of Dungeon Fighter Online, the Female Gunner. Female Gunners are chosen at a very young age to join the elite division of Imperial Guards known as “The Imperial Princess Garden”. As a Gunner you will also have access to one of four subclasses – the Launcher, Mechanic, Ranger, and Spitfire – at level 18. Have fun shootin’ in Dungeon Fighter Online!