11 April 2013
| | Mordil
Clearly this patch is missing the new god, Ne Zha, which has been delayed.
Other than that, this was mostly a bug fix and balance patch.
Most notable this patch to me was:
- Thor’s new skin, which is only for 300 gems.
- New gamemode: Assault (ARAM)
- The item store has a massive UI overhaul that people who have been playing since last summer will have to get used to
- Anubis got his animations updated, so now his ult is a little less overpowered by terms of usability with aiming
- Anhur also received the animation overhaul treatment that gives his abilities a little more particle effects.
- Kali, Arachne, Cupid, and Apollo all received buffs this time.
- Blood Eagle Thor — This skin, drawn from the lore of Tribes: Ascend, can be purchased for gems, or is free to anyone that buys or has bought the Tribes: Ascend Game of the Year Edition (from the Tribes Ascend Store or Steam).
New Gamemode: ASSAULT
NOTE: This mode will be available only for special MEDIA/STREAMING matches on Thursday, April 11. It will be available for all players beginning Friday, April 12.
The Assault gamemode features a single lane with 2 towers, a Phoenix and a Minotaur surrounding both a friendly and enemy base. Your god selection is random. No recalls are allowed and you cannot return to the fountain area after leaving it. (ARAM) Continue Reading
13 June 2012
| | Beararms
For the past couple of weeks I have jumped in and out of the closed beta for Hi-Rez Studios‘ highly anticipated MOBA, SMITE. SMITE is an amazing addition to this popular gaming genre, that also gives it an interesting twist.
For those of you who aren’t that familiar with a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA), the point of SMITE is to attack and defend three lanes that connect your base to your enemy’s base. These lanes are guarded by two towers on each side that guard the way into the base, and after you destroy those towers, the base is then guarded by a phoenix. After you defeat that, you will need to destroy the enemy base’s minotaur to win the game.
Prior to playing SMITE, I had started playing League of Legends about two months before, to try to get the idea of what SMITE would be like; and I’ve got to say, I was wonderfully surprised at how different it was. Continue Reading
22 May 2012
| | iTZKooPA
My guess, Hi-Rez will modify for added sex appeal.
SMITE: Demigods, Deities and Gods Explained is a new column dedicated to introducing prospective players of SMITE to its massive backstory of lore. From the Greek to Hindi, each week we’ll look at two characters from a major pantheon and provide a quick recap of their history and in what capacity their digital incarnation will represent on the field of Hi-Rez Studios upcoming MOBA.
Lore: Arachne’s history delivers a classic message to the people of Greece, “Do Not Mess With Gods.” A weaver that believed herself superior to Athena, goddess of wisdom and strategy, she had the audacity to tell other mortals about her prowess. Being easily offended by lesser beings as Greek gods often were, Athena organized a weaving challenge, assured she’d win due to Arachne utilizing Athena’s own knowledge as part of the her craft.