10 March 2011
| | Kershocker
A paladin was my first character in World of Warcraft. Kershocker the Holy Paladin. I know what you’re thinking: “LOL u leveled as holy, noob l2p.” I admit it, I was definitely a noob [Proof], but one day, while spamming Holy Shock and Exorcism, I decided to learn how to play my class. Boom! Retribution Paladin!
When it comes to DPS, I’ve always loved the Melee classes. Inflicting as much damage while standing right in the middle of all the action is good times. When you want to gear a Plate DPS class, all of them share one thing in common: Strength. That’s why it’s quite simple to identify an upgrade, if it has more Strength than your current item, it’s probably an upgrade. Still, there are a few other stats you need to consider if you wish to maximize your DPS. I’ll try to make a priority stat list for every single Plate DPS class and it will be followed by gear you can and should get before stepping into heroics.
Retribution Paladin: Strength > Hit Cap = Expertise Cap > Mastery > Critical Strike > Haste
Dual Wield Frost DK: Strength > Hit Cap = Expertise Cap > Mastery > Critical Strike > Haste
2-H Frost DK: Strength > Hit Cap = Expertise Cap = Haste > Mastery > Critical Strike
Unholy DK: Strength > Hit Cap > Haste > Mastery > Expertise Cap > Critical Strike
Fury Warrior: Strength > Hit Cap = Expertise Cap> Critical Strike > Mastery > Haste
Arms Warrior: Strength > Hit Cap = Expertise Cap > Critical Strike = Mastery > Haste
Now on to the gear.
15 February 2011
| | Barugaara
No longer relegated to a permanent tree form, choosing the right equipment for your Restoration Druid is more important than ever! But you’ll have to wait until you your gear is up to snuff before you start playing dress-up. As with all of our Cataclysm Gear Check guides, we’ve provided you with a variety of ways to hit that elusive 329 ilevel cap required for entrance to Heroic 5-man dungeons.
Remember that while it eventually evens out a bit once you outfit yourself with Heroic and raiding items, initial healing and mana management can be a little tricky in this expansion, even with the pieces shown below.
Stat Priority: Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
Generally, you are going to want all of your gear to have spirit on it. However, if a piece has a significant abundance of intellect, don’t hesitate grabbing it!
As a Druid, we are gifted with the nifty ability to wear cloth gear. Or more appropriately, we were. We now receive a intellect bonus for wearing all leather, so that is definitely worth going for.
Chances are if you have leveled to 85, you have ran into all of the six new factions this expansion. As it turns out, these guys are real nice and are willing to hand out some (more or less) free blues to get you started. I would recommend checking them out.
14 February 2011
| | Kershocker
Kersh - Survival Hunter
DING! Your hunter just reached level 85 and, now that the level bar is gone, you have no clue what to do next. So where should you go to get the pieces of gear missing to reach an average iLvl of 329 — and be able to queue for Heroics? Let me help you! Here I’ll list the best pieces of Pre-Heroic hunter gear you can obtain so to get you prepared to step into heroics.
This list will include items you can obtain by quests, crafting, reputation rewards, regular dungeons and Justice Points. The reason why I’m including Justice Points and iLvl 359 Reputation gear is because you can technically get those without spending time in heroic dungeons.
To be honest, I’ve always been a Survival Hunter. While I’ve leveled as BM, SV is the only spec I use for End-Game Content, but, from what I’ve read, stat priority is pretty much the same between the 3 specs. Oh, and just like in WotLK, Agility is still the best stat.
Agility >Haste [Soft Cap] > Hit [Until Capped] > Critical Strike > Haste > Mastery
If you feel like investigating a bit more about Stat Priority for your spec, take a look at:
Beast Mastery – Elitist Jerks
Marksmanship – Elitist Jerks
Survival – Elitist Jerks
- Willow Mask – 2200 Justice Points
- Windhome Helm / Snarling Helm – Revered with Wildhammer Clan / Dragonmaw Clan
- Wildhammer Riding Helm – Grim Batol: General Umbriss
- Wrap of the Valley Glades – 1650 Justice Points
- Bloodpetal Mantel – Halls of Origination: Ammunae
- Mantle of Moss – Honored with The Earthen Ring Continue Reading
1 April 2008
| | LHStaff
Be careful fellow MMO gamers, Blizzard is on the prowl for some gullibles again this morning. Every year, on April Fool’s Day, Blizzard comes out with some awesome announcement of what they are implementing in this game, or that game. Does nobody remember the wisps?!
Of course, today, being April Fool’s Day, is no different and, as such, they have come out with a few awesome announcements in the hopes of suckering one of you faithfuls out there. Fear not though! We at MMOCrunch are here to keep you from straying to far and to keep your feet firmly on the ground. No developer will best us! Here are Blizzard’s “announcements” for today:
- The Bard Hero Class. I almost wish this one was true, considering the lander page is so awesome. Who doesn’t want a talent tree titled “Punk Rock” after all? I loves me some Bad Religion. But alas, this one is a very obvious joke.There won’t actually be a bard class in WoW.
- World of Warcraft Molten Core Console Edition. Are you console gamers ready to get your game on with some WoW? Well you had best keep waiting because there is nothing coming from Blizzard anytime now. Another April Fool’s Joke from Blizzard strikes again! I must admit, it’d be more convincing if they didn’t make any 8-bit graphics.
- Tauren Marines in Starcraft 2. I think… this one actually might be real. Seriously… Are you kidding me of course it’s not real! Blizzard is a LIAR! As cool as the lander page, and even the shiny graphics and gameplay videos are this one is most definitely a joke to be played on you. Shame on you Blizzard, shame on you! We bovine-aficionados bid you good day sir!
- Diablo 2 Loot Pinata. Are you ready to have a portable, lootable Lord of Terror? Well get ready because this holiday season Blizzard is NOT going to actually be selling this. As cool and hilarious as my next birthday party would be with it Blizzard is just trying to pull a nasty prank on my expense. Never again!
Well that’s it… this year. Remember Blizzard looks for new prey each and every year. Gullibles travel in packs so make sure if you find any to inform them of Blizzard’s evil ways. Also, while Blizzard is one of the kings of April Fool’s Day be wary of other smaller companies attempting to pull the same shenanigans.
Heed my warning…
9 November 2007
| | LHStaff
How many countless hours have you watched your character with nothing but their back towards you? It seems that a great many MMORPGs and a good amount of regular games are in third person, but why? We don’t live our lives in third person. Well a design student, Marc Owens had decided to see what it would be like if real life was in third person. He created a helmet with a camera strapped a few feet behind and a boxed screen infront of your face so you can’t see anything but the screen. Turned on you are now living your life in the third person.
So whats life like in the third person? Surprisingly Marc says that while most people are slow to get used to it, once they do they tend to act more freely than they normally would. There seems to be a disconnect between seeing yourself in the third person and your actions. People approach strangers, start jumping around and moving as they normally wouldn’t. Sorta like the vast majority of gamers you’ll see jumping around like idiots, myself included.
Heres a video of the Avatar Machine in action.