There is quite a doozy of a patch coming to Starcraft 2 in the coming weeks. It adds a lot of social features (including map publishing and Facebook integration), interface changes, and some pretty big gameplay changes. Check out the full text from our good friend Zarhym:
- Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
- Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.
- 3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.
- Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:
- Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.
- Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.
- No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.
- Matchmaking system logic updated.
- UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.
- Numerous performance and stability improvements.
- Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.
- Void Ray
- Range decreased from 7 to 6.
- Warp Gate
- Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.