3 February 2012
| | LHStaff
We have some exciting news for you today; no Blizzard didn’t announce the released date for Diablo 3 and no, neither did ArenaNet for GW2. MMOCrunch is moving to LoreHound.com!
It’s actually a reunion of sorts as the owner of LoreHound was one of our original staff writers here, iTZKooPA. We are once again combining forces to form Voltron…I mean a new and improved LoreHound.com!
This will be our last update here on MMOCrunch and we will be shutting the site down permanently sometime early next week once LoreHound has been updated. So I invite all our readers to come over to LoreHound to continue to read our ramblings.
23 April 2010
| | LHStaff
If you like MMOGs and have a clear writing voice that you’d like to show to the world, you may be just what we’re looking for.
Lore Hound is seeking new writers to add to our core blog crew as we grow the site. If you play at least one MMOG, either casually or hard core, have an opinion to express, and can form a cohesive and coherent paragraph, we invite you to apply. Our requirements are as follows:
- You should be an active player of at least one MMOG.
- Schedules will be flexible, but you should be willing to commit to a set number of regular posts.
- You must be fluent in English.
- Prior published writing experience is a plus, but not required.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Having an interest in learning about additional games as possible writing topics is a big plus.
The application process is simple. Simply submit the following:
- A synopsis of your gaming history, especially with MMOGs, including what games you’re currently playing.
- Two sample blog posts covering the kind of topics that you would like to write about for Lore Hound. Base your word count on other posts you’ve seen on the site and the length that you think you need to appropriately explain your topic or make your argument. Longer isn’t always better.
- Any other information that you think would be helpful, such as prior writing experience or your resume.
Send all this to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact candidates soon, but may not be able to respond to all inquiries.
As we are a brand new site and still building an audience, this will be an unpaid position. However, we do try to reward our writers with perks such as gaming loot, paid accounts to games that they cover and access to limited beta tests.
Good luck, and have fun!
We currently are on the lookout especially for candidates interested in writing about Guild Wars 2 and/or RIFT.
8 January 2008
| | LHStaff
Coming off a fantastic first two months, we at MMOCrunch are looking towards the future. We are currently looking to add an additional 1- 2 writers to our staff in order to keep the site constantly fresh with new content and opinions. The ideal candidate would be expected to post at least 3-4 times per week, be an avid MMO gamer and have some past writing experience either online or else where. This is a volunteer to paid position, more details will be provided to any writers that are interested.
If you would like to join our staff please email me at admin [at] mmocrunch [dot] com.