Blizzard released a new Cataclysm Beta Build and along with Deepholm now being available for testing, the previously announced pared down talent trees and spec bonuses are available for viewing. The newest addition to the patch notes is as follows:
A first pass on new talent trees has been implemented.
- Each specialization has been reduced to a 31-point talent tree.
- Players will now get a total of 41 talent points to spend.
- 31 points must be spent in the primary specialization tree before any points can be placed in additional trees.
- Players will be asked to choose a specialization at level 10. Doing so will result in the unlocking of a spell or ability unique to that specialization, as well as one or more passive bonuses.
- While this is a first pass on all of the talent trees, death knight, druid, paladin, warlock, Arcane mage, and Assassination rogue trees are not as far along as other specializations.
- More information regarding our plans for talent trees can be found on our Cataclysm forum.
The new trees include some very interesting talents, combined talents, and most multi point talents requiring fewer points for full benefit. MMO-Champion has a talent calculator available with the new, and in my opinion improved, talent trees, so take a look at your favorite class and see what will be changing. Each tree’s passive bonuses are also listed there, so what are you waiting for? Let us know how you feel about these streamlined talent trees. I for one am looking forward to their implementation.