After four phases of closed beta testing, tweaks and slow roll-outs of new features, today the free to play MMORPG Forsaken World powers up with the official launch of its open beta. All characters are getting wiped, and all players starting anew.
Those of us here at Lore Hound who had the pleasure of testing out the game during its closed beta phase have found ourselves happily surprised with the results. Just how did the game surpass our expectations? Take a look back at our coverage from the past year and decide for yourself if you want to give the F2P game a shot.
- See which of FW’s features we think (/gasp) top those of WoW
- Forsaken World‘s interesting take on a Pet System
- FW’s “Comfort and Encouragement” system that keeps players engaged and coming back for more
- The “Carrot on a Stick” approach
- Gameplay Systems and Rumors, Part 2 — on Zodiac, PVP, Monsters, occupations and the grind (or lack thereof?)
- Forsaken World Character Creation video and impressions
- Introducing Forsaken World — the guild base system, the gods system, races, classes and server progression
- Our first video interview and gameplay footage from back at E3 2010
- Our first thoughts about Forsaken World and Perfect World Entertainment’s MMO lineup from Pax East 2010 — a year ago
We still have some final analysis of the closed beta coming up this week, so keep an eye out. Who’s going to give this one a shot?