DING! Your hunter just reached level 85 and, now that the level bar is gone, you have no clue what to do next. So where should you go to get the pieces of gear missing to reach an average iLvl of 329 — and be able to queue for Heroics? Let me help you! Here I’ll list the best pieces of Pre-Heroic hunter gear you can obtain so to get you prepared to step into heroics.
This list will include items you can obtain by quests, crafting, reputation rewards, regular dungeons and Justice Points. The reason why I’m including Justice Points and iLvl 359 Reputation gear is because you can technically get those without spending time in heroic dungeons.
To be honest, I’ve always been a Survival Hunter. While I’ve leveled as BM, SV is the only spec I use for End-Game Content, but, from what I’ve read, stat priority is pretty much the same between the 3 specs. Oh, and just like in WotLK, Agility is still the best stat.
Agility >Haste [Soft Cap] > Hit [Until Capped] > Critical Strike > Haste > Mastery
If you feel like investigating a bit more about Stat Priority for your spec, take a look at:
- Willow Mask – 2200 Justice Points
- Windhome Helm / Snarling Helm – Revered with Wildhammer Clan / Dragonmaw Clan
- Wildhammer Riding Helm – Grim Batol: General Umbriss
- Wrap of the Valley Glades – 1650 Justice Points
- Amulet of Dull Dreaming – 1250 Justice Points
- Acorn of the Daughter – Revered with Guardians of Hyjal
- Brazen Elementium Medallion – Jewelcrafting
- Entwiner Elementium Choker – Jewelcrafting
- Dragonkiller Tunic – Leatherworking
- Vest of the True Companion – 2200 Justice Points
- Razorshell Chest – Leatherworking
- Softwind Cape – Revered with The Earthen Ring
- Gloves of the Passing Night – 1650 Justice Points
- Trasure Hunter’s Gloves – Quest: Doing it the Hard Way
- Coulton’s Crushers – Quest: Skullcrusher the Mountain [Jonathan Coulton anyone?]
- Corded Viper Belt – Leatherworking
- Belt of the Dim Forest – 1650 Justice Points
- Belt of the Stargazer – Honored with Ramkahen
- Hillside Striders – 2200 Justice Points
- Balkar’s Waders – Lost City of Tol’vir: High Prophet Barim
- Aerial Assault Legguards – Quest: Krazz Works!
- Gryphon-Grip Leggings – Quest: Doing it like a Dunwald
- Treads of Malorne – Exalted with Guardians of Hyjal
- Red Scale Boots – Grim Batol: Drahga Shadowburner
- Treads of the Neferset – Quest: The Source of Their Power
- Signet of the Elder Council – Exalted with The Earthen Ring
- Terrath’s Signet of Balance – Revered with Therazane
- Band of Blades – Jewelcrafting
- Elementium Destroyer’s Ring – Jewelcrafting
- Mirage Ring – Lost City of Tol’vir: Zone Drop
- Ring of Blinding Stars – Halls of Origination: Isiset
- Ring of Dun Algaz – Grim Batol: Forgemaster Throngus
- Key to the Endless Chamber – The Stonecore: Corborus
- Volatile Thunderstick – Engineering
- Finely-Tuned Throat Needler – Engineering
- Big Bendy Blasting Bow – Quest: The Crucible of Carnage: The Twilight Terror!
- Seliza’s Spear – Lost City of Tol’vir: General Husam
- Staff of Draconic Pacification – Quest: Narkrall, The Drake-Tamer
- Torth-Slayer’s Staff – Quest: Fury Unbound
- Darkling Staff – The Stonecore: High Priestess Azil
If you’re already running heroics, then it’s time to start looking for gear that will help you maximize your DPS during raids. Check back soon for another post soon that will help you look for the best pieces.
Oh, and 2 more things. First, if you have any questions, ask them in the comments and I’ll try to reply as soon as possible. Second, if you know who Jonathan Coulton is and like his songs, you’re my new friend.