Turbine today released the first screenshots for the upcoming update for Lord of the Rings Online titled Lost Legends of Eriador. Update 3: Lost Legends of Eriador brings two new 3-player instances, two new skirmishesas well as new items in the LOTRO store. Below you can find the full details of the LoTRO Update 3.
Two New 3-Player Instances
- Halls of Night: Level 40-65 – This story draws from the tales of Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin and their experiences within the Barrow-downs. Nightmare, an ancient Barrow-wight, has trapped your spirit within his mysterious dreamscape. To wake you must battle against the evil that haunts this dream realm, or risk sleeping forever!
- Inn of the Forsaken: Level 20-65 – Tales have spread across Bree and the Lonelands of the noises that fill the Forsaken Inn when the moon is high. Travelers tell stories of a stolen ruby necklace hidden within a maze of twisted caves and protected by traps, riddles, guardians who never sleep, and a ship marooned deep underground.
Two New Skirmishes
- Attack at Dawn: Level 30-65 – Esteldín has long been a hidden training ground for Rangers and Free People against Angmar. It is a site the enemy has been desperate to discover and stamp out. While many scouts have been stopped, a lone goblin has learned the location of Esteldín and reported it to his masters. You must venture into the hills of Dol Dinen, and confront the attacking force before it can threaten the sanctity of Esteldín.
- Icy Crevasse: Level 40-65 – With the aid of the Gauradan and Dourhands, Angmar is planning its next attack! By funneling icy winds through the great Forochel crevasse and down into Evendim, they plan to freeze the lake and march straight through Tinnudir to Annúminas. You must head to the frozen North and stop this sorcerer, before the chill winds freeze everything.
New in the LOTRO Store
- More Slots! – Two new Cosmetic Outfits slots are available up to a total of five slots
- Reset your Skirmish Marks! – Using this scroll will refund all skirmish marks you have spent on skirmish traits.
- Get more Criticals at the relic forge! – The Scroll of Combination increases your ‘Critical Success’ chance to 25% while combining relics at the relic forge.
- And other updates:
- The skirmish Reconnaissance Report now lasts 60 minutes instead of 15!
- Try the new Combat Run Speed Boost, and sprint while in combat!