We Lore Hounds have been following TERA closely. It’s not a pet project or personal interest, it’s the community and a handful of writers that have been following the conversion of the hardcore action-oriented MMORPG from its Korean launch to the western audience.
For years, we have been sniffing out various tidbits of information, challenging producers, digesting marketing fluff and pooping the details out to you. Yeap, TERA has gone through our entire digestive tract. And it’s come out exactly as you’d expect; a shiny nugget for gamers to play with.
There’s a chance that metaphor ran its course a few thoughts ago. Moving on.
Like Mike, I’m incredibly excited for TERA, but for a different reason. It’s main draw for me has been it action-oriented PvE, which reminds me of the hardcore vanilla WoW days; my fondest MMOG memories.
Below you’ll find a summary of TERA information to review as your download and install commences. Here’s to hoping for flawless server performance, limited bottlenecking and seamless installs.
- Mike explains why his weekend was dedicated to TERA.
- Stefan Ramirez talks to LoreHound about the title’s use of the holy trinity, targeting and, of course, big-ass monster encounters.
- Developer Bluehole Studios calls NCSoft a “corporate bully” during the Lineage 3 information leak litigation.
- LoreHound dives into the Velika Invasion during a Closed Beta test. These “Rift-like invasion events” were announced a few weeks prior.
- En Masse Entertainment announces that Battlegrounds have been delayed, but the Political system will make launch.
- First impressions from LoreHound of PvP and the general game.
- TERA is marked as a game to keep a close eye on for 2012.
- LoreHound enters the offices of En Masse Entertainment to discuss the Argons, the title’s main antagonist group.
- A first impression from a pre-closed beta dungeon run, including a Big Ass Monster encounter.
- The Introducing TERA series covers the title’s uniqueraces, blood and guts, titans and lore and spells and honor.
- Rift and TERA are, in fact, different games!
- Lead Writer David Noonan discussed TERA’s lore during PAX Prime 2010.
- Lead Producer Brian Knox is requested to introduce LoreHound to TERA for our first interview.
Bonus. Here’s my first character, which I modeled after one of my male ferrets.