Now that the Pre-E3 blues are gone, Beararms and Mordil are here to talk eagerly about this year’s biggest gaming convention in the Americas month’s MMO industry news.
Reminder: it starts at 11 AM PDT (2PM EDT).
Whatcha Been Playin?
Kyle: L.A Noire, Rift, Oblivion, Portal 2, Magic: The Gathering, Forsaken World
Nathan: Shakes and Fidget, Pathfinder, Starcraft II, Angry Birds / Hex Empire
- Hackers that attacked SOE and Sony now move on to other gaming IPs (EVE, LoL, Minecraft, Nintendo, Bethesda, Epic Games, BioWare…)
- E3 Reception – How did we feel about this year
- Minecraft hits 2.5 million sales
World of Warcraft
- 4.2 Set to release on the 28th
- Authenticator changes that allow the server to memorize your IP address
- Season 3 Maps revealed! Mordil likes!
- AddOn Capability being added sometime in the future
- Patch 1.3 on June 22nd.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- “High scale” Beta Testing end of June
- E3 Cinematic trailer – Feelings?
- Advanced Class page redesigned to be more user-friendly and informative
Star Trek Online
- Season 4 announced: Major ground combat overhaul (it’s about time..), animations, new missions, Voice chat, UI interfaces changes / updates, and more
Lord of the Rings Online
- Rise of Isengard is announced and will be released on September 27th this year.
- Pre-Order and receive in-game bonuses such as 25% increased EXP gain to level 65, exclusive titles and armor, and more.
- Fallen Earth team joins GamersFirst family
- Fallen Earth transitioning to F2P model
- WiiU – Good or bad? What are our feelings
- Now that E3 has happened, what did we see that we liked? What did we get pumped up to play at PAX?
- Plans on the road to PAX Prime 2011