Now that the Pre-E3 blues are gone, Beararms and Mordil are here to talk eagerly about this year’s biggest gaming convention in the Americas month’s MMO industry news.
See what toy they’re now using to keep track of the agenda, rather than that clunky and attention-stealing laptop here, or on our Facebook / Livestream page. Below the video is our topics for today.
Reminder: it starts at 11 AM PDT (2PM EDT).
Whatcha Been Playin?
Kyle: L.A Noire, Rift, Oblivion, Portal 2, Magic: The Gathering, Forsaken World
Nathan: Shakes and Fidget, Pathfinder, Starcraft II, Angry Birds / Hex Empire
- Hackers that attacked SOE and Sony now move on to other gaming IPs (EVE, LoL, Minecraft, Nintendo, Bethesda, Epic Games, BioWare…)
- E3 Reception – How did we feel about this year
- Minecraft hits 2.5 million sales
World of Warcraft
- 4.2 Set to release on the 28th
- Authenticator changes that allow the server to memorize your IP address
- Season 3 Maps revealed! Mordil likes!
- AddOn Capability being added sometime in the future
- Patch 1.3 on June 22nd.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- “High scale” Beta Testing end of June
- E3 Cinematic trailer – Feelings?
- Advanced Class page redesigned to be more user-friendly and informative
Star Trek Online
- Season 4 announced: Major ground combat overhaul (it’s about time..), animations, new missions, Voice chat, UI interfaces changes / updates, and more
Lord of the Rings Online
- Rise of Isengard is announced and will be released on September 27th this year.
- Pre-Order and receive in-game bonuses such as 25% increased EXP gain to level 65, exclusive titles and armor, and more.
- Fallen Earth team joins GamersFirst family
- Fallen Earth transitioning to F2P model
- WiiU – Good or bad? What are our feelings
- Now that E3 has happened, what did we see that we liked? What did we get pumped up to play at PAX?
- Plans on the road to PAX Prime 2011
Here’s the recording for all who missed and would like to see:
:( I was busy….alas.