No longer relegated to a permanent tree form, choosing the right equipment for your Restoration Druid is more important than ever! But you’ll have to wait until you your gear is up to snuff before you start playing dress-up. As with all of our Cataclysm Gear Check guides, we’ve provided you with a variety of ways to hit that elusive 329 ilevel cap required for entrance to Heroic 5-man dungeons.
Remember that while it eventually evens out a bit once you outfit yourself with Heroic and raiding items, initial healing and mana management can be a little tricky in this expansion, even with the pieces shown below.
Stat Priority: Intellect > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit
Generally, you are going to want all of your gear to have spirit on it. However, if a piece has a significant abundance of intellect, don’t hesitate grabbing it!
As a Druid, we are gifted with the nifty ability to wear cloth gear. Or more appropriately, we were. We now receive a intellect bonus for wearing all leather, so that is definitely worth going for.
Chances are if you have leveled to 85, you have ran into all of the six new factions this expansion. As it turns out, these guys are real nice and are willing to hand out some (more or less) free blues to get you started. I would recommend checking them out.
- Baradin’s Wardens (Alliance): Shimmering Morningstar ( Revered), Mandala of Stirring Patterns (Exalted)
- Dragonmaw Clan (Horde): Spaulders of the Endless Plains (Honored), Withered Dream belt (Exalted)
- Guardians of Hyjal: Cloak of the Dryads (Honored)
- Hellscream’s Reach (Horde): Shimmering Morningstar ( Revered), Mandala of Stirring Patterns (Exalted)
- Ramkahen: Ammunae’s Blessing (Honored)
- The Earthen Ring: Pendant of Elemental Balance (Honored), Leggings of Clutching Roots (Honored)
- Therazane: Lesser Inscription of Charged Lodestone (Honored), Greater Inscription of Charred Lodestone (Exalted)
- Wildhammer Clan (Alliance): Mantle of Wild Feathers (Honored), Belt of the Untamed (Exalted) Continue Reading