Turbine Entertainment pushed the first expansion to Dungeon & Dragons Online live today. The company is celebrating its moment with an all-new trailer featuring the main antagonist of Menace of the Underdark, the Demon Queen of Spiders Lolth.
The entrance of Lolth brings the drow race, previously added to the game during the transition to the F2P model, to their evil roots and will make up the majority of fodder. Arachnophobes beware, the expansion brings numerous spider-based mobs, including the creepy drider.
Hit the jump for the shortlist of features and two interviews highlighting the addition of epic levels and the new druid class.
Shortlist of Menace of the Underdark features:
- Three New Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs — Featuring a multitude of epic adventures, unprecedented new wilderness areas with challenging objectives, a host of dungeons, and more!
- The King’s Forest: Explore deep into the King’s Forest and defend the village of Eveningstar from Lolth’s Drow legions.
- The Underdark: Venture down into the Underdark and confront Lolth’s elite followers in the Drow city of Sschindlyryn.
- The Demonweb: Journey to Lolth’s home plane, battle demon hordes and confront the spider goddess herself as you attempt to stop her scheme.
- Attain Epic levels to 25! – Deadly battles and high-speed action continue as you advance your character to the Epic level 25!
- Introducing Epic Destinies — Attain epic enhancements as you progress through levels 20-25!
- The Druid Class: Wield nature’s magic or transform into a powerful animal form as you play the all new shape-shifting Druid class!
- Eveningstar Challenge Pack: New challenge quests for levels 15-25!