ArenaNet is heading to Cologne,Germany for this years gamescom where they will have a brand new Guild Wars 2 demo to show off. Gamescom, which takes place this year on August 17-21st, is Europe’s largest gaming expo so ArenaNet is bringing the goods.
The new GW2 demo will features a ton of new content which is outlined below.
- Seven professions – All seven professions that have been revealed so far: engineer, thief, guardian, necromancer, ranger, warrior, and elementalist.
- Charr starter experience – For the first time, you can forge your destiny as a member of the Iron, Ash, or Blood Legion in the charr starter area. You can also choose to play the human and norn starting experience as well.
- Mid level demo –ArenaNet has prepared a higher level demo experience for players who want a challenge. Face powerful Orrian enemies on land, engage them in battle underwater and face off against a new boss.
- Sylvari and asura – Did I mention that you’ll be playing sylvari and asura characters for this high level content? Yes, for the first time, players will be able to get their hands on these unique races.
- Character appearance customization – Also for the first time, you’ll be able to play around with our character appearance customization feature and control the way your character looks.
- PvP – Last but certainly not least, ArenaNet is premiering Guild Wars 2 Player vs Player (PvP)! Swing by the ESL booth and head to the Guild Wars 2 area to get your exclusive hands-on PvP experience. Also check out the periodic exhibition matches that pit our valiant team of ArenaNet developers against the European guild BOON Control on the ESL center stage!
So not only we’ll we be able to see all seven professions in action and what underwater combat is all about, but we’ll finally get to see how PvP in GW2 works. For me poor PvP is a deal breaker so we’ll be keeping an eye out on that and we’ll let you guys know.
Gamescom is shaping up to be one hell of an expo for MMO gamers, I can’t wait.