Let me say right off the bat that I love this raid format. Just the idea of having no idea what is headed your way must be exhilarating! We won’t be live-blogging this, per se, but we do want to give you a few of the details. iTZKooPA has planned to film it off-screen, so we will ideally have a video of it when he’s able to convert that footage.
For now, I’m just going to paint a good picture for you:
- The scene opened with Paragon standing in front of Orgrimmar, a fact they only learned at the moment the developers plopped ’em in there.
- There were Twilight Drakes filling the sky and some Twilight’s Hammer baddies waiting in the wings, but they wouldn’t be facing those. At least not yet.
- No, first it was time to revisit Molten Core.
- The developers spawned four bosses from the instance: Magmadar, Shazzrah, Baron Geddon, and, I believe Lucifron.
- Unlike last year, all of these bosses had inflated, level-appropriate stats.
- Living bomb was a major pain for Paragon, and they failed their first three attempts.
- Paragon wiped out Wave 1 on their final attempt.
- Wave 2 was from Blackwing Lair and Blackrock Spire: Chromaggus, The Beast, Drakkisath, and Broodlord Lashlayer.
- Paragon wiped out Wave 2 on their first attempt.
- Wave 3 consists of new foes, juiced up versions of Cataclysm Heroic Dungeon bosses: Rom’Ogg Bonecrusher, Forgemaster Throngus, Ozruk, Commander Ulthok.
- From out of nowhere appeared a Goblin Barbecue (new feast?).
- Paragon failed Wave 3, but managed to down Rom’Ogg Bonecrusher.
- Wave 4 was: Warchief Rend Blackhand, Firemaw, Vaelion the Corrupt, and Pheralion.
- This fight actually went well, but to no avail, for a booming voice then echoed through the canyons of Durotar…
- Deathwing appeared and melted everyone’s faces, adding “the hour of Twilight falls!”
- He then spewed fire over the city and Orgimmar went down in flames.
And that’s it! No Hogger this year, but a bangin’ ending nonetheless!
As stated, “Good chance if you meet Deathwing, he’ll kill you” :P