Its only been six days since Jagex declared Bot-Nuking Day and today at Runefest, Jagex announced they have banned 7.7 million accounts so far. Add the 1.5 million accounts that were banned a few weeks earlier and that brings the total to 9.2 million accounts. Let that sink in. Most games don’t even have 9.2 registered accounts, yet alone botting accounts.
During an insider session at Runefest, Jagex gave out some addition figures listed below.
- New botting accounts created every day — 100,000 – 200,000
- Gold-farming accounts banned on bot-nuking day — 1,500,000
- Accounts being banned per minute right now — 9,000
- Gold farming accounts banned since Tuesday — 7,700,000
- Accounts created from China and Korea per week — Old: 173,000, New: 953
- Decrease in player activity since bot-nuking day — 60%
- Banned accounts that were paid members — 10%
- Bots estimated to have been rendered ineffective — 98%
Jagex mentions that 10% of the accounts that were banned were paying members, so we can extrapolate that Runescape had about 7.7 million paying members before Tuesday and now currently has about 6.93 million paying members.
Congratulations go out to Jagex on their determination and success against the botters.
Check out the full insider sessions Runefest 2011 video below.