[singlepic id=3308 w=580 h=326 float=center]
Having first heard about this expansion many moons ago, MMOCrunch has been patiently awaiting its release, relishing the prospect of soaring high over our beloved Norrath. Despite the fact that flying mounts are old news, we are interested to how the new travel mechanics affect our approach to questing and exploring the two new overland zones. With that said, flight is just one of the many features and additions that Sony Online Entertainment has packed into Everquest 2: Destiny of Velious.
Everquest 2’s Producer, David Georgeson, acknowledges the perpetual need for content in order to retain player interest,
“Content is what drives the MMO market and keeps players engaged and active in the game, and this expansion delivers content for players of all types with fresh storylines, new zones for exploring, new gear to wear, flying mounts for unrivaled mobility, and multiple gameplay enhancement features.”
As we can see, all the hallmarks of MMO expansions are here in full force; jump past the cut to dig in on the full list.
Here’s the full feature list, straight from today’s SOE PR:
- Soar high above Norrath with all-new flying mounts
- Crawl through 10 dangerous dungeons
- Complete four new Heritage Quests
- Battle through more than 300 new quests
- Conquer a new massive contested dungeon
- Discover two new overland zones
- Defeat four new raid instances
- Collect more than 1,000 new weapons and items
- Journey through a new Signature Quest line
- Slay more than 30 new creatures
- Equip more than 100 new armor sets
COLLECTOR’S EDITON BONUS ITEMS:
Players who purchase the EQII Destiny of Velious Collector’s Edition will receive the following in-game items in addition to the regular edition features:
- Four Velious Portal Paintings
- Loyal Snow Hound Pet
- Tserrina’s Wedding Present House Item
- Cryomantic Armor Crate
- Everfrost Prestige Summer Home
- Stormfeather Brood Guardian Flying Mount Appearance
You want that loyal Snow Hound? You’re going to have to shell out an extra $50, as the Collector’s Edition will burn an $89.99 hole in your pocket. For the rest of us, the standard edition will total out at $39.99 — a modest sum for an all-in-one package that includes three adventure packs and seven expansion packs.
If you’d like more information on Everquest 2: Destiny of Velious, check out the official site. See you in Norrath!