That’s right! Hi-Rez Studios is breaking into the eSports scene by offering their own weekly NA and EU bracket tournaments every Saturday and Sunday.
The prize pool is $1,000 for each bracket, every week!
The games are organized so the casters can stream practically every match on SMITE’s Twitch.tv channel.
Those of you who want to sign up (good luck!) should head over to the new eSports hub, esports.smitegame.com.
For those of us who want to just watch, NA coverage begins at Noon EDT (7pm GMT) and EU coverage begins at 9am EDT(3pm CET).
In addition to EU being split off from NA, EU has different language coverage on different channels:
- German is on www.twitch.tv/smitegameDE
- Polish is on www.twitch.tv/smitegamePL
- French is on www.twitch.tv/smitegameFR
Read on to see the full rules!
- Each Player must be at least level 6 or higher on their Smite account.
- Each Player must own 15 Gods (4 bans, 10 picks, and 1 auto ban).
- Each Team shall consist of players who are registered in the same team through the Smite client, with up to 2 non-tagged players permitted.
- Each Team should have at least 1 back-up player. No more than 2 back-up players are allowed.
- Teams may enter for one region per week.
- There is no ranking requirement for the Tournament. If registration exceeds our bracket capacity, Teams will be prioritized based on ladder ranking at the Administrator’s discretion.
- Each team must have one designated Manager, who is 18 years of age or older, responsible for distributing any cash prizing. This can be same player as the Team Captain or different.
- Mannered play is expected from all players. Trash talking or bad manners will result in punitive measures at an Administrator’s discretion, including but not limited to disqualification.
- Only the Team Captain may post registration for his or her Team.
- Team Captains are responsible for updating the outcome of matches with the proper Match ID. Any form of false win/loss reports can and very likely will result in said team being disqualified.
- Team Captains are responsible for making sure all requested information is provided to Administrators in a timely fashion.
- Team Captains may be asked to join a non-Skype messaging service (text-based or otherwise) to communicate with the Administrators of the Tournament. We ask that you be understanding of this and cooperate to make communication easier on everyone.
- Abusing spectator, including but not limited to stream sniping and/or ghosting will be treated as cheating. If a team or player is suspected of cheating, the Administrators reserve the right to disqualify them from the tournament.
- Players found to be cheating by manipulating game files, using unapproved game modifications, or any other method by which they gain an unfair advantage over other players will be disqualified at the Administrators’ discretion.
- Note: Collusion, intentionally losing a game, etc will be met with punitive actions including disqualification from the tournament in question and possible retroactive measures as well (disqualification from previous matches)
- Team Captains are expected to check-in to the Tournament with an Administrator no less than 60 minutes before the tournament’s scheduled start time.
- If a team is not checked in 60 minutes before the start of the tournament, the team will be replaced or disqualified at an Administrator’s discretion.
- Team Captains are required to use Razer Coms to communicate with the admins. Check-ins as stipulated by the rules are to be done via this VOIP software. Captains may be contacted via direct or group messages through this software and will be held accountable for information passed through this medium.
- Information on Use and FAQ https://docs.google.com/a/hirezstudios.com/document/d/1g4j_Xs5plOBWSGXb5i6cEfmRNANnmnrI8Zj7cbvpfKU/pub
- This is a 5v5 (Conquest) Tournament. The Team with the better ranking (or listed as the home team) will have the choice to select their side as first pick or second pick. If there is no ranking for the Tournament, then the Home Team will be decided by a coin flip. In a multiple game series, the loser of a game will receive first pick for the next game.
- This is a single elimination tournament
- Tournament mode proceeds in the following format: First Pick Team = A; Second Pick Team = B. Bans: ABAB Picks: ABBAABBAAB
- Each Team may ban two Gods per game.
- Picks and bans must be executed through the in game client NOT in a separate chat.
- Players are expected to hold their game until notified by an admin such that the broadcasters can broadcast picks/bans.
- In the event that a team does not select their pick or ban within the time allotted by the game client:
- Bans : Failure to ban in the allotted time requires the following action. In a timely manner, the team captain should contact the enemy team captain and an Admin to explain the problem and give their intended ban. This grace is granted once per match up. In the event that you do not select your first or second ban in time the team will be disqualified.
- Picks : If you do not pick in time currently the game will be remade. Teams are allowed a grace restart once per match up. If your team fails to pick more than once in any match up (including bo3s) the team failing to pick will be disqualified.
- Pervasive failure to pick/ban in a timely manner can result in disqualification at the Administrator’s discretion.
- The newest God during the time of the Tournament, is automatically banned and does NOT count towards the 2 bans that each Team gets.
- Each Team has exactly 2 minutes (MAX) to ban each god. Mirror match-ups are NOT allowed in this Tournament series.
- At the beginning of the Tournament, all Matches are expected to start within 15 minutes of the posted start time. If a Match does not start within the 15 minute period, any Teams present should contact an Administrator immediately.
- If a Team doesn’t show up and start within the 15 minute period, that Team shall automatically forfeit the Match.
- If neither Team shows up and starts within the 15 minute period, an Administrator will decide the appropriate action:
- a style=”color:Crimson”DQ both Teams and advance an alternate Team
- DQ both Teams and re-make brackets
- DQ neither Team and allow a delayed start
- DQ neither Team and coinflip/RNG select a winner (or high seed advanced)
- Elect a non-listed option, at the Administrator’s discretion
- We allow a 5-10 minute delay between matches. This allows the Casters to take a short break in-between matches, and both Tournament spectators and Players to take a break themselves.
- Team Captains are required to get an Administrator approval for delays that will last more than 10 minutes or risk disqualification.
- During the Tournament, some games may be requested to be held or gated based on a broadcast schedule.
- Teams are required to check with an Administrator and verify whether their next Match is going to be broadcast prior to starting a game. This is to ensure that Tournament spectators can see the picks and bans.
- In special cases where games must be held over 30 minutes, Administrators will be in close contact with the affected Teams. Players are encouraged to bring forth any scheduling issues, if applicable.
- Player Disconnects
- Pre First Blood, In Game Timer Less Than 5:00 Elapsed
- If a Player disconnects during this time period, either Team may request a re-game. Any remade games must be approved by an Administrator from the region in question. Players are expected to continue playing until an Administrator approves a re-game.This includes failure to load after the ban/picking stage of the game.
- Post First Blood, In game Timer Over 5:00 Elapsed
- Games will not be restarted or remade for player disconnects after first blood or after 5 minutes in game.
- Server-wide issues will be evaluated by the Administrators and re-games may be allowed if there is a systemic problem. This includes multiple disconnects in a single game after 5 minutes have elapsed. The game will be remade only if there is a confirmed issue with the server/instance.
- A re-game can only be awarded to a team once per game in a series (up to 3 times total in a best of three series).
- Substitute Players are available to be used (subbed) between re-games. However, God selection/bans MUST be the same with the subbed Player, who must use the same God of the player that was rotated out. Any substitutions during a re-game MUST be approved by an Administrator.
Post Match Rules
- Players shall not type or otherwise participate in the STREAM CHAT until the coverage of a game they were playing in has concluded. This is to avoid spoiling the audience to the fact that the game is over due to delayed broadcasting. This is a manners request. Players that routinely forget or are deemed to be maliciously spoiling streams will be subject to punitive measures, including but not limited to Tournament non-eligibility and disqualification.
- If a Team wins one or more prizes, their Team Manager will be given the prize(s) to distribute out to Team’s Players. Hi-Rez Studios is not responsible for ensuring prize distribution once it has transferred the prize(s) to the applicable Team Manager. The party receiving the prize(s) must be 18 years of age or older.
All rules are subject to an Administrator’s interpretation. Hi-Rez Studios reserves the right to modify, add, or delete rules at any time, without prior notice and/or reason. Unless otherwise stated, all rule-related decisions made by an Administrator are final and binding upon all applicable parties If you do not agree with all of the rules and stipulations listed above, you may not participate in the Tournament. By requesting entry into the Tournament, you represent and warrant to Hi-Rez Studios that you have read, understand, and agree to these rules and stipulations.