Weekend Confirmed! After taking a few weeks off to allow room for the video podcasts that we recorded at BlizzCon 2010, the audio version of the Lorecast has returned with Episode 26! Cavin “Amatera” Smith and Patrick “iTZKooPA” Mulhern, as usual, take up more time talking about junk than they ever planned on using! Black Ops and Castlevania occupy most of the “Whatcha Been Playin?” talk while World of Warcraft dominates both the news and discussion topic. Among other things, the pair also delve into recent (and exclusive) site interviews with Hi-Rez Studios and take a moment to express their curmudgeonly concerns over Microsoft’s Kinect.
Shows notes follow:
Whatcha Been Playin?
Amatera: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas, Minecraft, Modnation Racers, Alien Breed 2: Assault
iTZKooPA: Black Ops, League of Legends, Global Agenda, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
World of Warcraft Major News
- The Elemental Invasion — http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1083813#blog
- New Community Site — http://us.battle.net/wow/en/
World of Warcraft “Lightning Lore”
- Insane in the Membrane Achievement remains — http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116855#blog
- Paid Faction and Race Changes Available at Cataclysm launch — http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog
- Dial-in Authenticator Goes Live — http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1113829#blog
- Lil’ Ragnaros and Moonkin Hatchling, Troll Druid Epic Flight Form (Bat) — http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2067-Cataclysm-Beta-Build-13277-Cataclysm-Race-Changes-Dial-In-Authenticator
Other MMO/Gaming News
- Microsoft Kinect Released Last Week
- Tribes Universe Announcement/Interview — http://lorehound.com/global-agenda/lore-hound-exclusive-a-chat-about-tribes-universe-with-chief-designer-erez-goren/
- Global Agenda Gets New PvP/PvE Content (Patch 1.39) — http://lorehound.com/global-agenda/lore-hound-exclusive-a-chat-about-tribes-universe-with-chief-designer-erez-goren/
- Battlefield Goes F2P — http://lorehound.com/news/battlefield-enters-the-f2p-market/
- Eight Playable Archetypes for Champions Online F2P — http://www.massively.com/2010/11/10/champions-online-unveils-the-eight-free-to-play-archetypes-for-l/
- Battlestar Galactica Online Close Beta — http://www.massively.com/2010/11/08/bigpoint-releases-new-screens-of-battlestar-galactica-online/
- Fallen Earth, LLC Loses More Members — http://www.massively.com/2010/11/08/more-job-cuts-from-fallen-earth
- Riding the wave of hype: with less than a month ago, how much are you still anticipating the release of Cataclysm?
- Mordil’s Easter Egg Contest — http://lorehound.com/news/cataclysm-countdown-earthly-rumbles
- Kershocker Joins the Site — http://lorehound.com/news/know-thy-blogger-kershocker%e2%80%99s-mmog-timeline/