We’ll be covering a wide variety of gaming and MMOG news from PAX East as part of our opening flood of content. I am based out of Philadelphia, so I’ve decided to take a road trip rather than be molested by TSA screeners and forced to take my shoes off. In light of the trip I’ve packed the essentials and avoided bringing the distractions.
- HD Camcorder – I hear viewers these days demand video content. Not just any video content, but of the newfangled “high definition” variety. Lore Hound’s got you covered, and I even remembered a spare battery and memory cards. Heck, there’s even a tripod!
- Camera – I don’t think the cosplayers would like me following them around with said camera. Better to snap a photo and move on.
- Netbook & Desktop – Writing and editing on the go…and stationary!
- Nintendo DS – Complete with a fresh copy of The World Ends With You. A handheld of some kind is a requirement at PAX. Where else have you seen 20+ Pictochat rooms?
- Paper & Pens – Believe it or not people still use those archaic things.
- World of Warcraft: Stormrage – Who knows, maybe I’ll have some downtime.
- Snacks – One thing I have learned about myself at these shows is I hardly make time to eat. I want to see everything, talk to everyone and document everything. Portable snacks, like apples, granola bars and crackers, get me from breakfast to dinner. And second dinner.
- Miscellaneous – Voice recorder, microphone, backup electronics equipment, business cards, hygiene products, hotel reservations and directions to the convention center.
- WoW authenticator – There’s already a dozen companies waiting for me to play games. I shouldn’t have any need – or time – for my WoW authenticator while I take over Boston.
- Non-gaming Girlfriend – Sorry honey. Just like I don’t understand Real Housewives of Local Metropolitan Area, you don’t understand Penny Arcade Expo. We’ve tried to make a go of it before. I have the scars to prove it.
- Costume – I’m only going to be posing for pictures and videos for the Lore Hounds (that’d be you).
Shit, I forgot clothes.