Have you ever thought about being the person on the other end of the news? The one who gets the insider view, unprecedented access to developers and the occasional free swag? If that appeals to you, we here at MMOCrunch.com would love to add you to our team. A good handle of the English language is required.
- General Reporter – A general reporter is a jack of all trades. He or she covers incoming news and goes out and actively seeks news as well.
- Game Reporter – A game reporter plays only one game and focuses heavily on what’s happening in that game. A game reporter would generally make a single weekly post.
- Reviewer – A reviewer likes to play games for a month, write about it and then move on. A reviewer is highly opinionated, well-rounded in the variety of MMOs they’ve played and fair.
- Previewer – A previewer likes playing games in beta for a couple of weeks, discovering cool and factual information about the game to give to those waiting in the wings pining for all they can find out about the game. Previewers write with few opinions and love details.
- Interviewer – An interviewer is someone who likes to research about a game and discover what information has not yet been revealed. Interviewers get to have their questions answered directly by development teams. Interviewers enjoy learning about every MMO on the market.
- Media Guru – A media guru lives for uploading and downloading screenshots and movies. They love seeing trailers before everyone else and writing up short blurbs about them for the people who are about to see them.
- Aspiring Game Journalist – An aspiring game journalist does a little of this and a little of that. They are the most well-rounded writer and have desires to move forward in the games industry in some fashion.
Any of these volunteer positions sound like you? If so, email staci (at) mmocrunch.com today with a short writing sample (one paragraph) and your availability times.
We offer the opportunity to get your foot in with the industry and access to people you would never otherwise have access to. We also provide beta and retail accounts of games for reviewers and previewers.