It’s always a bummer when the servers have to go down for lengthy periods of time, but it seems especially torturous when the game still has that shiny new game smell. I can feel myself getting the shakes already! :)
But in this case, I have to give Cryptic/Perfect World credit for being quick to respond to server issues. Once the servers opened yesterday there were lots of server issues as they were slammed – heck there’s still a queue long enough that I had a wait on my Hero account with priority login status this morning. But honestly – what game doesn’t have a frustrating “launch”? Quotes because this is still open beta – while it can be considered to be a soft launch as there are no further character wipes, it is still a beta. I expect these sorts of issues at an actual real launch. But they are on top of things – I was impressed last night with how quickly they were responding to login issues.
And today there’s a maintenance to deal with many of the problems that cropped up. I am particularly pleased to see the stability and login fixes. Hit the jump for the patch details.
The servers will down today, May 1, at PDT: 7 AM (EDT: 10 AM, GMT: 3 PM) for an estimated 4 hours.
Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.13
Maintenance is currently scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.
- Several major network issues have been found and addressed. We should now be able to support many more players with significantly less lag.
- The Queue position indicator now has more information, as well as buttons that link to Neverwinter Gateway and the Neverwinter Wiki.
- Fixed an issue where players displayed queue position would incorrectly jump to a higher number than the players actual place in line.
- Repeatable quests now have blue text in the Contact UI.
- Repeatable quests that are on cooldown now properly look disabled, and they have a time displaying the remaining time until theyre available again.
- Repeatable quests now have tooltips in the Contact UI.
- Rhixs animations now work more consistently with the contact dialog close-up.
- Rhix no longer displays a blue exclamation mark over his head when he has no quests available for the player.
- Rhixs daily quests now properly inform the player to return to Rhix when they are complete.
- Professions: Leadership: (Rare) Participate in a Tournament: Increased amount of time to complete this task to 6 hours, up from 4 hours.
- The Founders Agent now properly allows players to reclaim all of the promo items players qualify for.
- The @handle has been removed from Heavy Inferno Nightmare winner broadcasts.
- The Astral Diamond Claim button in the AD Exchange now shows a warning that any Astral Diamonds withdrawn belong to the character, not the account.
- The confirmation window that pops up when trying to move out of an incomplete quest map has had a minor facelift.
- The “Tipsy” achievement is now triggered when the player tips 500 Astral Diamonds, up from 100 Astral Diamonds. (The maximum tip was increased in a previous patch.)
- Many updates have been made to French and German language translations.