Well this has certainly been a headliner week. From gay planets to presidential violence studies, there’s been a lot of video games in the news the past few days. It’s rather depressing how sensationalized the media has become, that facts and information take a seat far, far behind glitz and outrage mongering. It’s weeks like this that make me even happier to be here at LoreHound, the LoreHound crew is just a fantastic bunch. I may not always agree with what everyone has to say, but the stuff everyone writes here is never uninteresting, never so blown up into such fanfare that the actual information is lost or distorted, there’s never any pressure to slant articles and opinions, and, well, I just can’t say enough how great everyone here is.
I started writing for Mike at MMOcrunch before it merged with LoreHound, and have always found him great to work with. iTKooPA’s enthusiasm and passion for gaming is particularly inspiring. Thanks guys, for making this so fun! It’s a little late for New Year hopes, but I was too busy dealing with a move and being sick to celebrate the new year when it was actually here. So here’s to a great new year! May there be lots of fun and lots of gaming!
And now I’ll actually give the news. Click the little button below for this week’s happenings.
- iTZKooPA had several things to say about Trion Worlds. He showed us the Defiance co-op trailer, the closed beta of Warface has begun, Defiance has also entered closed beta, and he shared his annoyance with Trion’s selective NDA enforcement. I happen to agree, if there’s an NDA it should be enforced whether the opinions are positive or negative, or there shouldn’t be one at all. But I’ll admit to being a bit biased on that score. :)
- iTZKooPa commented on Obama’s proposed gun control study. The article he discussed is interesting! I’m curious what everyone thinks about it!
- Mike discussed his displeasure with Planetside 2. It continues to amaze me that so many games continue to have terrible newbie experiences. You’d think the first half hour of gameplay would have the most attention, given the importance of a game’s first impression.
- iTZKooPA had the details about the upcoming new league system in League of Legends. If I played League of Legends, I’d be pretty excited. I enjoy pvp, but cream of the crop I am not.
- iTZKooPA had his eye on the machines this week! He told us about the new content in this weekend’s Transformer’s Universe beta weekend, the new Spider Mech and upcoming double XP weekend in MechWarrior Online.
- If you’re in the mood for laughs, iTZKooPA told us about Fox News’ fair and balanced SWTOR Gay Planet reporting. I haven’t played SWTOR in a long time, but I may check it out again to see what this planet is all about.
- More closed beta goodness! iTZKooPA had the details about the Broken Realm closed beta. I’m just a sucker for a closed beta, I really am.
- I failed to get a key in the Neverwinter alpha key contest. Alas! I’m really looking forward to this one.
- iTZKooPA gave the details on the Wildman kickstarter. Kickstarter is a marvelous, marvelous thing. I wish I had more free money to throw at interesting kickstarters.
I’ll see you all next week!