Hi-Rez Studios patched SMITE today, adding Ne Zha. This has been the first Chinese pantheon added since Guan Yu way back last summer during Closed Beta.
I quickly patched and headed into a Joust match against my wife as Anhur. We discovered that Ne Zha’s early game could potentially be very potent if played correctly, but his mid game is lacking. Without levels or items to negate other players, Ne Zha can easily be overtaken if abilities are missed. Anhur managed to kill me five times until I had the items to completely take him down.
Late game gets pretty crazy if you build movement and attack speed. Crits here and there will hit for anywhere between 300-600, with attacks being thrown out 2.5 times per second.
At any rate, here’s the list of things to note in this patch, according to me:
- Portal has had a major change from 1 use and indefinite lifetime to as many players every 2 seconds for a 30 second lifetime.
- Motivate has had a major change as well, from buffing the protections and health of nearby minions to the nearest 3 minions getting fully healed, and become fire minions.
- Cacodemon Ymir is released this patch. Anyone who is level 30 now, or hits level 30 before SMITE goes live will earn this skin.
- Twitch streaming integration is fully added to SMITE, allowing players to stream via the SMITE client without the need of a third party tool.
After the cut you can find Ne Zha’s abilities in text form, along with the rest of the patch notes. Hi-Rez
hasn’t has released the God Reveal video for Ne Zha yet , so when they do, we’ll update this post to include it. Check out the official reveal after the cut!
PASSIVE (Child of the Lotus): When Ne Zha dies, his indomitable spirit is reborn from a Lotus at his location, healing nearby allies every second while increasing their protections. Ne Zha’s basic attacks also utilize a four swing chain, with the final attack in the chain dealing damage to all enemies in front of him.
- Heal per Tick: 10% of Ne Zha’s Maximum Health.
- Protections: 30.
- Duration: 6 seconds.
Universe Ring Toss: Ne Zha throws the Universe Ring where it bounces to nearby enemies. Each hit deals damage, applies a stacking physical protection debuff for 3 seconds and slows the enemy for 1 second. Each successful hit also applies a stacking movement speed buff to Ne Zha for 2 seconds.
- Damage: 50/70/90/110/130 (+15% of your physical power).
- Bounces: 5/6/7/8/9.
- Protections Debuff: 10 per stack.
- Slow: 25%.
- Movement Speed: 4% per stack.
- Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Mana.
- Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Flaming Spear: Ne Zha empowers himself with fighting spirit, igniting his spear for increased Attack Speed and Critical Strike Chance for a short duration.
- Attack Speed: 15/25/35/45/55%.
- Critical Strike Chance: 15%.
- Duration: 6 seconds.
- Cost: 55/90/65/70/75 Mana.
- Cooldown: 18 seconds.
Armillary Sash: Ne Zha throws out his Armillary Sash hitting the first enemy god in its path. The target is stunned as Ne Zha yanks himself toward the target, dealing a powerful blow to all enemies in the area when he arrives.
- Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+150% of your physical power).
- Stun: 1 second.
- Cost: 75 Mana.
- Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds.
Wind Fire Wheels: Ne Zha dashes forward. If he hits an enemy god, he knocks it skyward for 4s, unleashing a combo (successful clicks during the combo allows some hits to be critical strikes), then smashing back to Earth, dealing additional damage to enemies in the radius as he flips back to his starting location.
- Damage per Hit: 30/50/70/90/110 (+30% of your physical power).
- Damage (Landing): 60/100/140/180/220.
- Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 Mana.
- Cooldown: 90 seconds.
- Ms. Diagnosis Neith (400 Gems)
- Blue Lotus Ne Zha (200 Gems / 11,000 Favor)
- Cacodemon Ymir (Hit level 30 in Beta)
- Stalker Artemis Skin (Twitter promotion, details not yet announced)
- Twitch Ymir (Stream SMITE using the in-game client for 5,000 minutes)
- Players can now stream their matches live on Twitch.TV directly from the game without additional 3rd Party software. Configure your stream on the BROADCAST tab of the TV tab.
- Players that stream Smite using the in-game broadcast function have the opportunity to earn specific achievements based on total minutes broadcasted. See the BROADCAST tab for additional information.
- The new free god rotation is Aphrodite, Arachne, Guan Yu, He Bo, Neith.
- Consumables and Active Items now show as primary-level categories in the Item Store, directly below Recommended and Popular Items (they are no longer sub-categorized under “Other”).
- There have also been a variety of other cleanups and small UI modifications to the in-match Item Store. This includes a search dialogue.
- In Custom Matches using Draft Pick mode, the first party to join the Custom Match after match creation will now be assured the first draft pick.
- When running Borderless window mode at your native monitor resolution, the minimize button will again be visible in the main lobby.
- The duration of the Friend Online popup notification has been increased slightly.
- Fixed an issue in which death animations on certain gods would not play correctly in certain situations.
- Minor cleanups and fixes have been made to the Assault map.
- Fixed a variety of bugs with the Character Builder on the GUIDES menu.
- The FRIENDS tab is now the first tab on the SOCIAL menu. PARTY is the second tab.
- Match of the Day and Assault Casual mode are no longer restricted to solely North American servers.
- A new option has been added to the VIDEO tab of the SETTINGS menu that allows you to adjust Gamma. Broadly speaking, you can use this to adjust how “bright” the game feels.
- Fixed an issue where a synced spectator could get out of sync even if the party leader did not rewind or dilate time.
- Spectating a target from the top-down view will now default to the camera location to the highest location (although spectators can still use Q/E to zoom in and out while attached).
- Collision against the world map (except going out of bounds) has been removed for the top-down camera view to prevent view snapping.
- When using the spectate commands via system chat, acknowledgement and denial messages will print to the chat and to the log.
- Type “/SpectateStop” in the system chat to cancel a queued spectating session.
Active Item (Ability) Changes
Blink (New!): Using this item will allow you to teleport short distances instantly. You must be out of combat for 10 seconds before it can be used.
- Cooldown – 90 seconds.
Motivate (Major Change): Using this ability now grants the closest 3 minions permanent buffs making them equal to fire minions. The minions are also healed back to full health.
- Cooldown – 90 seconds.
Portal (Major Change): Using this ability now creates a portal entrance at your spawning location and a portal exit at your ground target. The portal exists for 30 seconds after placing it, allowing 1 player to go through the portal once every 2 seconds.
- Cooldown – 180 seconds.
Shielded Recall (New!): Using this item allows you to recall faster and without interruption. You can still be damaged, but you are immune to crowd control and are unable to move.
- Cooldown – 90 seconds.
God Balance Changes
- The base damage has been increased from 50/85/120/155/190 to 70/115/160/205/250. (+20/+30/+40/+50/+60)
- The physical power contribution has been increased from 50% to 60%. (+10%)
- The amount of delay between the time that this ability is activated and the Spirit Dragon appears in the sky and begins flying has been reduced from .5 seconds to .2 seconds.
- The Attack Speed buff has been increased from 3% per stack to 10% per stack.
- The Movement Speed buff has been increased from 5% per stack to 10% per stack.
- The maximum number of stacks has been reduced from 5 to 3.
- The range of this ability has been reduced from 80 to 65 feet.
- Some Special FX have undergone changes for performance and visuals.
- The starting health has been increased from 340 to 365.
- The health gained per level has been increased from 64 to 68.
- The damage per tick on the Bleed has been reduced from 5/10/15/20/25 to 3/6/9/12/15. (-2/-4/-6/-8/-10)
- The base damage has been reverted back to the last patch values from 60/80/100/120/140 to 60/75/90/105/120. (-0/-5/-10/-15/-20)
- The physical power gained while Vamana is a giant has been increased from 35/55/75/95/115 to 40/65/90/115/140. (+5/+10/+15/+20/+25)