Hi-Rez Studios decided to take a break from love this patch, and moved into dedicating their lives to the beast of music. Apollo, God of Music, joins the Greek roster in SMITE.
Apollo’s skill set looks like a mixture between Neith, Thor, and Vamana. Rocking his ranged physical damage by shooting hand guns, this guy serenades, strums, and charges to victory.
Things to note in this patch:
- A new ability item is being added: Portal – Using this item creates a portal entrance at your spawning location and a portal exit at your ground target. A player standing on the portal entrance will teleport to the exit, consuming both the entrance and exit in the process. Cooldown – 180s
- Zeus gained more survivability as Aegis Shield now provides +20 more physical & magical protection at Rank 5.
- Bastet gained some more mobility functionality with her Pounce ability.
- Hide of Nemean Lion now reflects damage as magical damage, rather than physical damage.
After the jump, you can find Apollo’s God Reveal Video, text version of his abilities, and the patch notes.
PASSIVE (Audacity): After 10 successful basic attacks, Apollo gains Audacity, attacking with both hands and increasing his attack speed by 100% for the next 5 attacks (hit or miss) he makes.
So Beautiful: Apollo strums a single cord on his Lyre. It’s so beautiful it hurts, and all enemies in a long range line take 80/135/190/245/300 (+80% of your physical power) physical damage.
- Cost – 60/65/70/75/80 Mana.
- Cooldown – 15/14/13/12/11 seconds.
- Cost – 75 Mana.
- Cooldown – 17/16/15/14/13 seconds.
- Note: Mesmerize has been modified so that lane minions will not break the mesmerize. Jungle camps, fire giant, gold fury, towers, etc. will break mesmerize.
The Moves: Apollo runs forward and slides on his knees, dealing 50/85/120/155/190 (+50% of your physical power) physical damage, knocking aside all enemies and adding a stack of Audacity for each enemy hit. At the end of the slide, the movement speed is decreased for enemies and increased for himself and allies by 5/10/15/20/25% for 2 seconds.
- Cost – 70 Mana.
- Cooldown – 15 seconds.
- Cost – 10 + 50 Mana per second.
- Cooldown – 110/105/100/95/90 seconds.
- Apollo Slickshot
- Bakasura Feaster Bunny – with a special thanks to community members Ironwolf09, LordTekron, and EEkoz for their forum posts inspiring this skin.
- The first login experience has been modified some to help better guide new users to learning resources.
- The ability to have separate resolutions and screen types between the overall game lobby and a match has been removed. You now set a single resolution and screen type for the game on the VIDEO tab of the SETTINGS menu. The “dual mode” resolution system was causing confusion among new users, as well as crash conditions on some PCs.
- Game tips now show on the match loading screen.
- A new widget has been added on the HOME screen that displays your online friends.
- A new option has been added on the UI tab of the SETTINGS menu that allows users to control the scaling of the above-head combat text that displays above players’ heads when they are damaged or healed.
- A new option has been added on the VIDEO tab of the SETTINGS menu that allows users to enable/disable ragdoll physics. Disabling this feature will improve performance on some PCs (note that ragdoll physics is automatically disabled when running at Low or Lowest settings).
- The Social screens have been tweaked to simplify the process of creating a party.
- Additional tooltips have been added to the main menu to ease navigation for new users.
- In the end of match lobby, Kills, Deaths and Assists have been consolidated into one line on the expanded stats page.
- Your estimated network ping has been added to the Pre-Match Lobby.
- In the Jungle Practice mode, players now start at Level 1. A special volume in the Altar area allows you to increase your level each time you step in and out of it (so that you can practice at the level you desire).
- In the Jungle Practice mode, the Ra Bot now scales based on your level.
- Changed the surrender rules so that if three people are left on a team, a surrender can occur with only 2 yes votes (previously, it required all 3 remaining players to surrender).
- The mini-map has undergone some modest performance optimizations.
- The gamemodes under the Practice menu now run locally on the user’s PC while playing Solo (previously these modes ran from a remote server). This may impact performance on some PCs — please report any new problems.
- All references to the Focus mechanic have been removed the user interface.
- Fixed a bug in which the names of enemy players would be prematurely revealed in the match lobby when in draft mode.
- The Character Builder under the GUIDES menu has been modified some. Saving of items and abilities has not yet been added, but the changes made this patch move us closer to being able to add that feature.
- Fixed a few different crash conditions.
- A variety of other small bug fixes and cleanups have been made.
- Fixed an issue where Artemis’ Boar’s mesh would hang around for several seconds after it died.
- Fixed an issue where dangly physics parts on characters were still using PhysX when ragdolls were disabled.
- In Arena game mode, towers that kill minions now deduct points from the minion victim’s team.
- Addressed an issue with leapers getting stuck in walls and ascending to the sky.
- The free god rotation has been changed to Anubis, Bakasura, Cupid, Sobek, Vamana.
- Fixed an issue where god bodies could remain or reappear after death.
- Fixed an issue where minion physics could jostle violently when they ran into a despawn area in Domination or Arena game modes.
- Left shift, by default, now is the only way to increase the camera speed across all spectator viewing modes.
- Fixed an issue where structures would appear to remain if you skip past their destruction.
- Clipping out pieces of the maps (Fire Giant volcano, base roofs, etc.) from an overhead perspective now only happens in isometric view.
- Fixed an issue where the crowd-control golden overlay on a player character would remain after rewinding.
- Fixed an issue where the isometric view could get stuck in a particular view if isometric view was triggered immediately after moving a freecam via the minimap.
Active Ability Changes:
- The global cooldown no longer applies to active abilities or consumables purchased from the store.
- Using this item creates a portal entrance at your spawning location and a portal exit at your ground target. A player standing on the portal entrance will teleport to the exit, consuming both the entrance and exit in the process. Cooldown – 180 seconds.
- Invulnerability has been reduce from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- This ability is now usable when you are knocked into the air. You will still be in the air and falling, but are then immune to all other crowd control while falling.
Bracer of Replenishment
- Price has been reduced from 475/1215/2250 to 475/900/1850. (315 gold reduction for Rank 2, and 400 gold reduction for Rank 3)
- The HP5 and MP5 have been removed from this item.
- This item now has +10/20/30 magical power.
- The percentage of your maximum health converted to magical power has been increased from 1.5% to 2%.
- Price has been reduced from 3050 to 2850. (200 gold cheaper)
Hide of the Nemean Lion
- Reflected damage is now done as magical damage instead of physical damage.
- Passive on Rank 3 Changed – For 5 seconds after using an ability, your next basic attack will deal 125% of your base physical power (before items and buffs) as additional physical damage. The effect can only apply once every 2 seconds.
- The mana on this item has been reduced from 100/200/300 to 50/100/150.
- This item now has +5/10/15 physical penetration.
God Balance Changes:
- The damage has been increase from 10/17/24/31/38 to 15/25/35/45/55 a tick. (+5/+8/+11/+14/+17 damage buff)
- Bastet can now return pounce even when under crowd control, removing all of the crowd control effects on her at the time.
- Bastet now moves 25% faster while she is in her return pounce state.
- Fixed an issue with the debuff icon showing twice.
- The healing has been increased from 10/18/26/34/42 to 15/25/35/45/55 per tick. (+5/+8/+11/+14/+17 healing buff)
Clear the Path
- The physical power contribution has been increased from 40% to 60%.
- The physical power contribution has been increased from 20% to 40%.
- Protections gained while this ability is active have been increased from 5/20/25/30/35 to 15/25/35/45/55. (+10/+5/+10/+15/+20 magical + physical protection buff).