Deep beneath the crumbling tombstones of Duskwood’s Raven Hill Cemetery, a dark and mysterious power is emerging. Drawing strength from the blackest night and fiercely jealous of the sighted, a once-devoted follower of Leotheras the Blind is spreading his shadowy tendrils across the land. Heroes of Azeroth must delve into his pitch black lair to face Omgsogoth, Dark Lord of Twilight, before the world is plunged into eternal night.
Omgsogoth sounds horrifying. So does the cutting-edge Deep Dark® technology,which achieves “new highs of creepy realism” by plunging you and four other lost souls into complete dark as you navigate the corridors of horror. The dungeon features new daily quests from NPC Dean Weasel, updated monster models (only seen in your worst nightmares), some great achievements and all-new unique loot (if you can find it). The development team spent over 9,000 hours on the breakthrough tab targeting system alone.
In both normal and heroic modes, players also will face the maniacal Twisted Spiral Fool and Duc Ulah, The Winged Keeper.
And some fabulous achievements to test your abilities in the dark:
- Fifth Sense – Advance through all 12 phases of the Twisted Spiral Fool encounter with your game sound disabled.
- The X-Wing Factor – Defeat Duc Ulah, The Winged Keeper by only hitting him in the face.
- Call Me Dark Durmock – Navigate the Tomb of Immortal Darkness without bumping into any walls or using the in-game map.
- First Come, First Served – Complete the Tomb of Immortal Darkness in less than 30 minutes, with only your tank pulling.
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em! – Kill every member of your group while mind-controlled by Omgsogoth, Dark Lord of Twilight.
Just remember — “In the dark, no one can see you scream…”
Check out the screenshots!
And take a look at the original announcement for a look at some of the awesome loot. My favorite is the blindfold of Omgsogoth which returns you to darkness anytime you want. With the flavor text, ‘It’s just like covering your eyes but more stylish!”