Returning from a winter hiatus, the Live Cast is back with another episode to cover the past few months of gaming news. Tune in here to watch it live on Saturday, April 30th at 11 a.m. PST (2 p.m. EST).
Below is the agenda we have planned, but always keep in mind that what we discuss may ebb and flow according to what you, the viewers, dictate. See you then!
Whatcha Been Playin?
Kyle: World of Warcraft, Mafia 2, Dungeons and Dragons (Pathfinder), Dragon Age 2, Magic: The Gathering, Lord of the Rings Online
Nathan: World of Warcraft, Shakes and Fidget, Battlestar Galactica Online(BSGO), Dead Frontier
- Minecraft update includes weather(snow, thunder, rain), statistics, achievements, booster rails, detector rail, and performance improvements
World of Warcraft
- 4.1 impressions
- Feelings on Zandalari Tribe themed patch
- Overall playerbase feelings of Cataclysm
- Season 2 is live (Mordil is still in the Bronze League — make fun of him!)
- New achievements added for Blizzard-made Custom Maps (Left2Die, Auir Chef, and Starjeweled)
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Taral V Flashpoint Walkthrough
- Community Q&A
- Faster Travel details hinted to be announced soon (Read: Mounts)
- Advanced Class Update (explaining just how this all works)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic 3rd Novel announced: Revan, written by Drew Karpyshyn
Star Trek Online
- TOS Bundle released in C-Store
- Advanced Escort Triple-Vector Assault Mode
- The Foundry is live
- New Oberth Federation Science Vessel
Lord of the Rings Online
- Update 2: Echoes of the Dead released
- Happy 4th Birthday, LotRO!
- World 56 started – “No Farming” World protects you and others from being attacked and resources being plundered
- Grepolis 2.0 – Greek version “Age of Mythology”-esk game played like Tribal Wars
- Now 100% Free-To-Play – bonuses to those who pay a 1-time fee
- v1.8 hit servers 3rd week of March
- Alpha County is prepping for launch, and bugs are just being ironed out
- New companion pet in the store, Trashy the Hermit Crab
- With 4.1 just around the corner, is there really enough beef to draw back in the majority of players who got “bored” and moved on to other things, such as RIFT?
- We’re now 5 months into the expansion, are we really happy how things are going, and what are our plans for the next few months in WoW?
- Wii 2 “Refit” is rumored to be announced at E3 this year (Mordil was right, if it does happen). Do we feel that the planned updates are needed to make it a more “serious” gaming console, or is it just another marketing ploy by Nintendo to keep customers interested now that both the PS3 and 360 offer motion controls?
Don’t feel bad Mordil, I am too! :D