It’s clock watching time! I am sitting here, waiting impatiently for the Neverwinter servers to open, letting myself and all the other gamers avidly waiting for a peek at Neverwinter in to play. It was smooth sailing last time, here’s to hoping it’ll remain smooth this weekend as well! I am a bit concerned, given a few changes they’ve made to the game since the last weekend – evidently you can’t move anymore while casting, which rather detracts from the ‘action’ element for me, but I’ll be seeing how that actually plays out shortly! “You are not allowed to play” “You are not allowed to play” “You are not allowed to play” I wonder just how many other people are at their computers already slamming at the login servers. :)
My attention has largely been focused on Neverwinter, although there has been other news trickling through as PAX announcements have been coming out. Several games have entered new beta phases, more purchases have been made, and iTZKooPA has delivered more lore background on the deities of SMITE.
Hit the jump to see it all!
- This is news to no one who has read my opening blurb, but Neverwinter Beta Weekend #2 is this weekend, and we’ll be there! While you’re waiting, whether it be for the servers to open if you’re playing today, or for more info, check out our exclusive interview with Jack Emmert.
- iTZKooPA brought us the trailor and info on Carnival of the Ascended, the upcoming patch and party to celebrate RIFT’s 2 year anniversary.
- Wargaming.net isn’t the only place to check out historical gaming anymore, iTZKooPA told us where and how to apply for the closed beta of Navy Field 2, Nexon’s upcoming naval strategy game.
- I discovered that Salem: The Crafting MMO has entered the open beta phase, so anyone can play! it’s an interesting little game for sandbox lovers.
- To start off the Neverwinter weekly news, Cryptic opened up applications to join the Foundry Authors beta test! But I hope anyone interested jumped on that quickly, because they closed applications after just a few days. They also ran a Founder’s Pack giveaway! But have no fears, if you missed it, they’ve been hosting steady streams of weekly giveaways, there will likely be other chances.
- iTZKooPA found the trailer for Neverwinter’s Icespire Peaks zone! Personally, I’m still laughing at the guy I overheard condemning Neverwinter for “stealing frost giants from WoW.”
- iTZKooPA brought us more knowledge about the gods Neith and Poseidon, both of whom have made their grand entrances into SMITE. I have often used Neith as a character name in various MMOs, I wonder if it’s going to be harder to get now?
- iTZKooPA reported on the new raids coming to LoTRO with the Part 2 of Update 10. New instances and content is always exciting to see.
- Like pvp? If so, check out the Defiance PvP trailer that iTZKooPA dug up for us to enjoy! I’ll admit I remain fascinated by Defiance, and am curious to see how it goes.
- iTZKooPA has even more trailer fun, as he brought us the latest patch info for MechWarrior Online. A flame-free section of ground to practice new moves, what’s not to love?
- Mordil had all the details about the $10,000 SMITE tournament at PAX. A friend of mine actually makes a steady amount of spending money every year by attending video game competitions. I’m no where near good enough to even have the courage to try, but I’ll admit, it sounds terribly awesome if you do!
- It seems as though every week has another game company purchase, and this week is no exception. iTZKooPA told us about the purchase of Gas Powered Games by Wargaming.net. It sounds like this will wind up being a great move for all concerned, hopefully that will prove true!
- Richard Garriot is working on a new game – and this one sounds as though it will harken back to Ultima! Read what iTZKooPA learned about it, watch the trailer, and perhaps back the kickstarter!