What do these three things have in common? They are all an integral part of the realm vs realm PVP system Mythic is developing into their up and coming MMORPG Warhammer Online. For anybody who has signed up the the WAR Online newsletter you’ll have found that yesterday you recieved the last one of the year (which doesn’t mean all that much considering it’ll be 2008 in 10 days). Within this newsletter is the last podcast by the creative director of the game which features all the information you could ever want to know about the RVR system they have going on. Check out the highlights below:
- Open world RVR has been enhanced to be worth significantly more victory points than they were in the beta before.
- Four tiered RVR system where capturing the first tier will give you benefits when attempting to capture the second, and so on in that manner.
- Keeps! There will now be keeps startegically placed in the RVR areas for capture, as shown above.
- Once a faction takes over a keep guards will spawn to prevent single person tagging.
- If you and your guild takes over a keep your guild’s emblem will hang from the staffs. This will, essentially, be your guild’s keep until the enemy retakes it. Warning’s will be issued should your keep come under attack.
- Siege weapons will be employed in taking over keeps. You must build them and they will prove to be a great startegic advantage for defenders and attackers alike.
Fascinating stuff right? I have always been a HUGE fan of realm vs realm combat so this game is definitely looking to be my cup of tea. There is a bit more information contained within the video, along with some quirky humour, so if you want to give it a watch-through head on over.