Part of our extensive PAX Prime coverage included a video interview with Stephan Frost on the Journey to OMNI-core 1. That single-player experience was only half the major features Carbine Studios has in store for the largest WildStar content patch to date. Chad Moore joined a recent Instance Gratification to discuss the upcoming Journey further.
The other half, which was kept embargoed until today, is the Mystery of Genesis Prime. Teased earlier, the company has thrown back the covers on this high-level area detailing multiple features and providing an all new teaser trailer, which you can find after the cut. The Mystery of Genesis Prime features an all-new level 50 area called The Defile chock full of new quests, lore and unlocks. The zone returns to the title’s current main antagonist The Strain with a side of The Entity to make sure your belt will struggle.
According to Carbine Studios, here are some of the “must see” areas in The Defile:
- The Sonic Plaza – One of the first area’s you visit in the Defile, and where your faction has made camp to study the power of Exinite. If you’re a solo player who loves Quests, Path Missions and Lore then this is an area for you.
- The Siege of the Lightspire – A gigantic monster called Isigrol the Dreadwatcher is on the warpath and set to bring the Lightspire tumbling down. You’ll need to team up with a big group of adventurers to take him on in a 20 player Public Event called Siege of the Lightspire.
- The Black Focus – If you’re more interested in saving the planet with a small group of chums, and are up for some 5+ player world content, the Black Focus is the place to go. Players be taking on Koral the Defiler and his plans to corrupt a Primal Focus to infect all of Nexus with the Strain.
- The Strain Maw – Find the Strain Maw and jump on into its mouth. Doing so will reward you with new areas to explore and a ton of cool Path content, Datacubes, and more inside the belly of the beast.
- The Tainted Gardens – Ruled by Syra, Queen of the Direweb, The Tainted Gardens is an arachnophobes nightmare full of quests to keep you busy. But you won’t just be stomping spiders this time, you’ll be working for them to help rescue some allies.
Carbine Studios is coming off a string of bad news, including the departure of arguably the face of WildStar, Stephan Frost and the layoff of about 60 people weeks later. Most recently, it appears that some of those employees, and those still employed, have bashed the developer on Glassdoor.