I’m not quite sure why you have May 8th marked on your calendar. But for me, the day was highlighted for one thing and one thing only, the soft launch of WildStar! Carbine Studios has pushed its fast-paced yet old school MMORPG into the wilds, allowing gamers of all shapes, sizes and wallet depthiness (made up a word!) to get into the action.
At least for the next 10 days.
The Open Beta will enable the developer to ferret out the last remaining major issues with a large playerbase. This includes new access to high-level play thanks to the level 30 cap being removed. Dev chats and livestreams will be going on throughout the Open Beta period, beginning with a State of the Game at 1:00 PM EST today.
Need open beta access? Then head here. WildStar will officially launch on June 3 and comes in two delicious flavors. Need something to do while you download? Hit the jump for a summary of our coverage to date and the brand new storyline trailer. It’s awesome! Don’t forget to follow our Twitch stream, as we’ll have an exclusive interview with Chad Moore next week.
Our coverage from the most recent to the way back:
- Exclusive interview with Lead PvP Designer Jen Gordy on Warplots
- Launch details and the latest DevSpeak video
- WildStar Flick: Tesseer
- Announcing the Medic, completing the holy trinity
- The Spellslinger is introduced in another hilarious trailer
- Esper is revealed for the first time…to go DPS or heals…
- How the WildStar warrior differs from other games
- Exclusive interview with Community Manager David Bass on the unique gameplay of WildStar
- Carbine Studios confirms cross-realm play at launch
- Ability mechanics explained in great detail
- Why WildStar isn’t F2P in the traditional sense
- WildStar’s Hardcore focus and dark humor
- The announcement of the subscription-style C.R.E.E.D. economy
- Final two races from Nexus revealed
- The unique Settler & Scientists paths round out the group
- All things PvP in WildStar
- Closed Beta, like sh*t, happens
- The Four Pillars of WildStar
- WildStar’s Hello, World! trailer
- Twitter-length quest summaries coming to WildStar
- WildStar: Sandbox vs. Themepark
- WildStar Gameplay revealed
- NCSoft & Carbine Studios announce WildStar