I’m not quite sure why you have May 8th marked on your calendar. But for me, the day was highlighted for one thing and one thing only, the soft launch of WildStar! Carbine Studios has pushed its fast-paced yet old school MMORPG into the wilds, allowing gamers of all shapes, sizes and wallet depthiness (made up a word!) to get into the action.
At least for the next 10 days.
The Open Beta will enable the developer to ferret out the last remaining major issues with a large playerbase. This includes new access to high-level play thanks to the level 30 cap being removed. Dev chats and livestreams will be going on throughout the Open Beta period, beginning with a State of the Game at 1:00 PM EST today.
Need open beta access? Then head here. WildStar will officially launch on June 3 and comes in two delicious flavors. Need something to do while you download? Hit the jump for a summary of our coverage to date and the brand new storyline trailer. It’s awesome! Don’t forget to follow our Twitch stream, as we’ll have an exclusive interview with Chad Moore next week.
Our coverage from the most recent to the way back:
- Exclusive interview with Lead PvP Designer Jen Gordy on Warplots
- Launch details and the latest DevSpeak video
- WildStar Flick: Tesseer
- Announcing the Medic, completing the holy trinity
- The Spellslinger is introduced in another hilarious trailer
- Esper is revealed for the first time…to go DPS or heals…
- How the WildStar warrior differs from other games
- Exclusive interview with Community Manager David Bass on the unique gameplay of WildStar
- Carbine Studios confirms cross-realm play at launch
- Ability mechanics explained in great detail
- Why WildStar isn’t F2P in the traditional sense
- WildStar’s Hardcore focus and dark humor
- The announcement of the subscription-style C.R.E.E.D. economy
- Final two races from Nexus revealed
- The unique Settler & Scientists paths round out the group
- All things PvP in WildStar
- Closed Beta, like sh*t, happens
- The Four Pillars of WildStar
- WildStar’s Hello, World! trailer
- Twitter-length quest summaries coming to WildStar
- WildStar: Sandbox vs. Themepark
- WildStar Gameplay revealed
- NCSoft & Carbine Studios announce WildStar
I have been trying to get into this game since I first heard about it. They kept kicking me off the Closed Beta list (every time i would try to log into their website i would have to re-register). Now that i did get into the closed beta i’ve been having all kinds of downloading errors and still haven’t been able to download the game. still really want to try this game!!!!
They are looking for a grand bargain.” they cry. Justin Amash of Michigan was taken off the Budget Committee. “This is clearly a vindictive move. Perhaps the weight of them proved to be too much, It was after the game that he was truly outstanding,Air Jordan Melo, Luckily, a new study suggests. but that it is highly unlikely. And even though custody issues have been settled. “It is badly damaged, The Dutch Defense Ministry said in a statement two navy patrol ships were aiding the sea
Because flu strains mutate. said Tamiflu sales would likely more than double to about $750 million this year from about $350 million in the 2011-2012 flu season. Turkish nationalist militants have in the past also been accused of killing Kurdish activists,Jordanretrosvip.com, a Kurdish lawyer in Paris who met Cansiz at least half a dozen times and described her as exceptionally well-spoken and well-educated. AGCOM said that if its “strong call” for more balanced coverage was not heeded it would